What is Self-Awareness?
Self-awareness is this juicy good feeling when you get to know yourself and everything about you. You are unique. There’s no one else like you in the world. But what makes you YOU?
As we define self awareness we realise that it’s really all about contemplating and reflecting on your usual habits and patterns and ways of being in the world.
There are some great self awareness activities you can do to dive more deeply into this awesome personal development topic! Here’s one to get you started:
- Grab a blank piece of paper and then write your name in the middle of it. Circle your name.
- Next write down everything that you know about yourself on that page.
- Then ask your friends what else to write.
- Then brainstorm some more for a few days and keep adding things on that piece of paper.
- Write down what you like about yourself, what you don’t like about yourself, your personality traits, how you feel about your body, things about your childhood that helped form your habits, your strengths and weaknesses, your moods, what makes you feel happy, what makes you feel sad, how you motivate yourself in the morning.
- Everything about you!! Keep it going and think of more things too.
You might like to do this activity for a day, a week or even a month. You could grab a notebook and keep expanding on this self awareness activity. You could start up a scrapbook!
I made a scrapbook once. It was one of the best activities I’ve ever done! I still look back on it with fondness. 🙂